Posted Dec 7, 2013
Posted Dec 7, 2013
Posted Nov 3, 2013
West Valley Girls Softball
Welcome to the West Valley Girls Softball Website!
West Valley Girls Softball (WVGS) is an ASA-affiliated "B" recreational fastpitch softball league. We are a non-profit organization operated by volunteers. Our players live in the West San Fernando Valley and surrounding communities.
Divisions start at age 5 (T-Ball Division) and run through age 18 (Major Division). WVGS also has a women’s division and a VIP division.
WVGS also fields Tournament Teams to compete against other leagues in Southern California that can culminate in state, national and regional competition.
(type in your email address in the box and click Subscribe)
SPRING 2014 SEASON INFORMATION
Join us as we celebrate our 45th Spring Season!
West Valley Girls Softball Spring Season is February through May Games are played on Saturdays and weekdays after daylight savings begins. The Spring Season is approx 16 games. OPENING DAY IS FEBRUARY 22, 2014.
Registration Fees: T-Ball (6U) $185.00- Micro (8U) $215.00 - Mini (10U), Minor (12U), Major (13-17U) is $235.00. Fee's include, uniform (jersey, visor, and socks) pictures, trophies. Players will need to purchase black softball pants or shorts. (available at all sporting goods stores)
Additional Costs: Families can expect team related costs of approx $20-$30 per player for the following: uniform personalizing, team banner, team sponsorship.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
ONLINE REGISTRTION IS OPEN DECEMBER 8TH, 2013 TO JANUARY 2ND, 2014.
REGISTER EARLY TO GUARANTEE A SPOT FOR THE SPRING 2014 SEASON!
All players must register using the online registration system.
Tryout days are now selected online! Instructions below.
Follow these 3 steps to register for the 2014 Spring Season at West Valley.
1. Register your player for the Spring Season.
2. After registering your daughter, go online to select a Tryout Day and Time.
3. Go online to select 2 Snack Shack Shifts. (only if you did not select the opt out option)
1. Returning players that used the online registration system in the past can log in and register. Just log in and click the “Register Player” tab at the top right of this web page. New players will need to create a user account before a player can be registered. Simply click on the “Account” tab at the very top right side of this web page to get started. Once a user account is created, then click on the “Register Player” tab to register your player.
***DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A TRYOUT TIME UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE REGISTRATION PROCESS**
2. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE EVALUATED. (T-Ball Players are not evaluated. Do not sign up for a tryout time if you registered a T-Ball player)
TRYOUT TIMES ARE NOW SELECTED ONLINE ONLY. After you have successfully registered your player, go to the “Tryouts Sign Up” menu and follow the instructions to select a tryout time. You will receive an email confirmation of your tryout time.
On your selected tryout day, check in to turn in your payment if you did not pay by credit/debit card, and turn in your 2 $100.00 snack shack deposit checks, if you did not opt out. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your tryout time.
3. ALL FAMILIES MUST WORK TWO SNACK SHACK SHIFTS OR OPT OUT. You can opt out by paying a $90.00 fee during the registration process.
If you did not opt out of Snack Shack, go to the “Snack Shack Sign Ups” menu and follow the instructions to select your (2) snack shack shifts. You will receive an email confirmation upon successfully selecting your shifts. (2) $100.00 Snack Shack deposit checks must be turned in at your assigned tryout day.
Preferred payment method is Credit/Debit Card. Cashiers Check or Money Order or Cash Only. No Personal Checks.
Pay online with a Credit/Debit Card or select “Other” option on website and bring payment to your tryout day.
Sunday, January 5th
Saturday, January 11th
All Tryouts, Practices, and Games are at one location,
Hughes Middle School – 5600 Capistrano Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Managing or Coaching for the Spring Season?
Print out the Manager/Coach form, fill it out, and email it back to the Head of Divisions Coordinator at email@example.com
West Valley Girls Softball also has a VIP Division. Click the VIP Division menu button on the left for additional information.
Women’s Division Registration Information
Registration is not open for the Women’s Division yet. Please check back for current information.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
SNACK SHACK INFORMATION
Each family is required to work two shifts in the snack shack for the Spring Season. This is two shifts per family, not player. Your help in running it very appreciated. Without you, there is no snack shack.
Here are your Snack Shack Duty Options:
1. Buyout your Snack Shack responsibility at registration. Pay $45 for each shift and you do not have to work the snack shack. We arrange the trained, approved teenager to work in your place.
2. Work your assigned Snack Shack duty time. Receive your $100.00 deposit back.
3. Forfeit your $100.00 deposit check by not showing up to volunteer or by not rescheduling your assigned Snack Shack duty time at least 72 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com
Click the Snack Shack Signup menu button on left for additional information.
Congratulations to the 10U Red Heat!
2nd Place Finish at ASA Nationals!!!
West Valley Girls Softball has a Facebook Page!